The Body Through The Eyes
The workshop will cover several of the fixed types:
- Zanni (Servants: Arlecchino, Pulcinella, Pedrolino, Colombina)
- Innamorati (Lovers: the young couple, the mature lovers)
- Il Capitano (The Captain)
- Brighella (the Inn Keeper)
- Pantalone (The Old Man)
- Il Dottore (The Doctor)
We will explore their complex physicality, psychology and intricated relationships.
Taught through instruction and improvisation, this workshop will bring back what has been buried in mystery and error, an art form which modern theatre has abandoned through lack of understanding.
At the completion of the full day workshop, the participant will:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the basic Fava Commedia dell’arte technique.
- Be able to portray and physically differentiate the main stock characters and understand the physical transformation that happens when a Commedia mask is worn.
- Acquire sufficient competence to explore further the relationships between characters: Masters + Servants, Master vs. Master, Innamorati vs Vecchi, Innamorati + Servants.
- Have a basic understanding of the historical circumstances that contributed to the creation of this unique acting style.
For further information or to secure your participation in the workshop email firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $160 GST incl.
For more information visit: www.foolsinprogress.com/the-body-through-the-eyes