Safer & Stronger
This is a specialised training course developed in association with the team from Krav Maga Evolution by Aleksandar Vass OAM three years ago for his female Team members at his global logistics headquarters
in Melbourne to equip them with the basic skills and knowledge to handle random situations that occur
in what we would hope, however isn’t always, a safe City.
This course is a 3 day – 2 hour program designed to allow normal people to be Safer & Stronger in
everyday situations where things could get out of control due to the actions of others.
Dates: Monday 16, 23 and 30 July
Time: 6 pm until 8 pm (2-hour duration – leave time for discussions afterwards)
Location: The Studio in the Alex Theatre St Kilda – 1/135 Fitzroy Street St Kilda
Class size: Limited to 30 people only
- develop an understanding of your surroundings
- learn to understand the psychology of a street confrontation
- identify potential threats before an attack occurs
- learn to defend against all variety of attacks and to counter in the quickest and most efficient way
- develop an exit strategy to remove yourself from danger
This course is delivered by trainer’s from Krav Maga Evolution, Melbourne’s premier real-world self-defence school, and who are active police members in our local community who understand the mindset of the criminal element and how to use this to your advantage to stay safe.
‘’These three sessions gave me immediate skills to use in the event of a personal attack…three years on I still keep these in mind whenever I feel my personal safety is at risk and I need to be alert’’Rae
Aleks has worked in entertainment all his life, however he has also worked in his manufacturing business in some of the worlds most dangerous countries on the planet and has a grounded understanding that human nature is unpredictable even on the streets of Melbourne.
The Safer & Strong course would normally cost $475 per person; however, the Vass Theatre Group is giving away all 30 places free to female performers and support crew who have been left feeling unsafe after what has occurred in the rape and murder of Melbourne comedian Eurydice Dixon.
- Casual gym/exercise clothing
- Shoes – runners /sneakers
- Wear socks
Krav Maga: is a military self-defence and fighting system developed for the Israel Defence Forces and Israeli security forces that derived from a combination of techniques sourced from boxing, wrestling, aikido, judo and karate, along with realistic fight training.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to be fit? No, this program has been designed for normal people.
- Will there be fitness type training? No, this program is designed to teach you some basic skills quickly so that you have a greater understand of how to keep yourself safe and a few options if you ever find yourself in an unsafe situation.
- Will this course make me 100 percent invincible? No, the course is designed to show you that we all can take basic steps to keep ourselves safer, but no one is invincible.